Tuesday, November 17, 2009

SUPER Easy Poached Tilapia

poach

–verb (used with object)

to cook (eggs, fish, fruits, etc.) in a hot liquid that is kept just below the boiling point.

 

When I originally went in search of “poached tilapia”, I was looking for the definition.  However, I ran across dozens of recipes for it instead, and they were all much more involved than mine.  Mine was sitting on the stove, already finished & waiting to be devoured by my family.  So that’s why I named this SUPER EASY Poached Tilapia, because seriously, how much easier can you get than this?

I’ve written before about one particular ingredient that I keep in my pantry.  I’m sure there may be other more expensive, more “gourmet” options, but if I find something I like, I tend to stick with it. 

Such is the case with the Goya Salad & Vegetable Seasoning . I've used it for years now, but I'd never tried it on meat. After all, it DOES say salad & vegetable! But I decided to be a rebel.

Here’s all you need:

1 c. water

1 packet Goya Salad & Vegetable Seasoning

You choice of fish – preferably thin fillets

In a skillet, dissolve 1 packet of the Goya Salad & Vegetable Seasoning in the 1 cup of water.  Bring it to a boil, then lower the heat to medium.

Place fish filets in a single layer in the pan and cook until the fish are flaky with a fork.  Seriously – that’s IT.  10 minutes, your dinner is ready!!! 

I’d taken photos of the recipe, but honestly – they just show fish in a pan. LOL

Don’t boil the fish – just cook it slowly.  Serve with a salad and some kind of yummy vegetable and call it a night!

No comments: