Wednesday, May 16, 2007
* Eggplant, fresh, 637 grams (1 lb 6oz) - cut into 2" chunks
* Zucchini, 303 grams (10.7 oz) - sliced
* Summer Squash, 2 medium (13.1 oz)-sliced
* Garlic, 4 cloves - crushed
* Onions, raw, 139 grams (1 med 4.9oz) - chopped
* Great Value Petite Diced Tomatoes, 1.75 cup (1 can)
* Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
* Chicken Breast, no skin, 14 ounces - cut into bite-sized pieces
Carbohydrates: 15.6g (5.1 fiber)
Begin by chopping your eggplant into 2" chunks. I peeled my eggplant, but you can leave it unpeeled if you want.
Slice the zucchini & summer squash - I used 1/4" slices. Chop the onion, crush the garlic.
In a stew pot, brown the garlic & onion in the olive oil. Add
Next, add the can of tomatoes and bring to a bubble over medium heat.
Add the eggplant and reduce heat to low. Cook for 45 minutes.
Add the zucchini and squash and cook an addition 30 minutes, or until vegetables are to your desired tenderness.
The original recipe suggested adding mushrooms & chickpeas, but I didn't so it's not in this recipe. Her original recipe, by Revasean, is simply named Eggplant Stew, and is the basis of this recipe.
I would say this makes 6 good sized servings and would be great served with a nice salad.
Number of Servings: 6
Hi guys! All 2 of you that visit, anyways. Hey, I'm struggling my way back to some sort of healthy living/eating, and so I'm going to be trying to post some yummy recipes for you again. I hope you'll let me know when you try them and what you think of them!
Served by Dawn at 2:44 PM