Italian Stuffed Turkey Burger
- 1-1/4 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 c. freshly grated parmesan
- 3 Tbls. chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbls. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbls. chopped oregano
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 oz. mozzarella, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbls. chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbls. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
Press a piece of mozzarella into the center of each patty and shape meat around it. Each patty should be 3-1/2 to 4 inches in diameter.
For the topping: combine tomato, basil, oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt & pepper.
Heat broiler or grilll to medium-high heat. Brush grill with oil. Cook burgers to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium. The meat closest to the mozzarella will appear pink but will be cooked through. Serve hot with topping.
Cal. 370; fat 23g; protein 39g; fiber 1g; net carbs 2g