Lion's Head Meatballs
- 2 lbs. ground pork
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsl. rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 Tbls. granular sugar substitute
- 1 Tbls. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbls. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbls. dark sesame oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 2 Tbls. canola oil
- 1 large napa cabbage, leaves separated and cut into 5-inch lengths
- 2 cups lower sodium chicken broth
Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook meatballs in batches, until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Place cabbage in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Arrange meatballs on top and add chicken broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cover partially and simmer for 40 minutes, turning meatballs once halfway through. Serve meatballs and cabbage hot, with cooking liquid.
Cal. 750; fat 59g; protein 44g; carb. 8g; net carbs 5