Here's what I did. You can adjust according to your own tastes, of course.
- 8(ish) cups chicken broth - I used 1 pod of Knorr's new chicken bouillon that I've mentioned before to 3-1/2 cups of water - then another 4 cups of water mixed with 2 packages of goya brand vegetable seasoning/broth.
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 5-7 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 5-6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 good sized stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
Optional: bacon (I used real bacon pieces that you use on salads), cheddar cheese, green onion
- Lightly brown garlic in oil.
- Add onion and celery and saute until soft.
- Add broth and potatoes.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Strain 3/4 of the potatoes out and mash. You could do them all if you wanted, but I like chunky.
- Re-add mashed potatoes to soup.
- Add a couple of bay leaves. I waited until this point so that the bay seasoning would not overtake the whole soup.
- Stir well - this should thicken your soup.
I added bacon and cheddar to my own bowl, and it's absolutely delicious!
|Potato soup garnished with cheddar cheese and bacon bits.|