Saturday, July 14, 2007

Mmmmm BBQ!

After my brief stint of living in the south, and spending mostly all of it pregnant, I became enamored with a phenomenon of Pulled Pork Sammiches. O M G I love pulled pork sammiches. And after having spent a week shy of 12 years with a transplanted Tennessean, it was in my best interest to find a *good* bbq pulled pork recipe.

I've since LOST THE DAMNED THING. I went low-fat, and then ultimately, low-carb and LOST THE DAMNED RECIPE! LOL

However, this one is close enough LOL

Dawn's "Close Enough" BBQ Pulled Pork

I buy a pork butt or pork roast that's at least 4-6 lbs. I put in the crockpot by itself - nothing but maybe some salt & pepper and cook it on low for ohhh. . . the whole day. LOL

About 30 minutes before it's done, or my husband has driving me crazy with his whining about whether it's done or not, I make the sauce.

*1 teaspoon vegetable oil
* 1/2 medium onion, minced
* 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
* 1/2 cup cider vinegar
* 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon dry mustard
* 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon paprika
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 cup ketchup

Heat oil in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; saute until softened, 4-5 minutes. Stir in all the remaining ingredients except ketchup; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, then add ketchup. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 15 minutes.

While this is simmering, I'm shredding the pork with a fork and piling it into a bowl. When the sauce is done, I pour it over the pork, making sure that everything is good and slathered. Then, it's onto some nice soft buns, or maybe just the plate. Or if he has his way, out of the bowl LOL

Yum - I think we have to make this this week!


I'm hosting the Carnival of the Recipes this week and our theme is BBQ. Visit me here to check out the rest of the round up!

2 comments:

Thomas Andrew said...

I'm going to make this recipe next time my brother comes to visit. He absolutely loves BBQ food !

Annie said...

I had pulled pork sandwiches on our menu for tomorrow - I will definitely use your sauce recipe - looks great!

Found your blog through cr8buzz