Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yummy Autumn Salad

You know how sometimes, you just start throwing things together, and it turns out either really fabulous or really ... unfabulous?

This salad came out in the first category - FAB U LOUS.

I realize I may be a little late to the game of adding fruit into a salad, but am I ever glad I've finally wisened up! The fresh apples that we happened to pick up this weekend on sale at the WalMart Supercenter for $.35 a POUND came in handy, that's for sure!




Yummy Autumn Salad

  • 2 cups baby romaine leaves
  • 1 plum tomato, quartered
  • 2 slices deli turkey breast
  • 1/4 gala apple, cut into slivers
  • 3-4 slices pepperoni
  • bacon bits (real, not bacos)
  • fat free honey dijon dressing
I layered it all in, then just sprinkled about a tablespoon of dressing on top - tossed it gently and then SCARFED IT DOWN.

The apple woke this salad up! It was wonderful - you have GOT to try it. :)

No comments: