Saturday, January 21, 2006

Italian Tilapia & Pasta

Dawn's Italian Tilapia & Pasta

1 lb. tilapia fillets
1 jar store-brand spaghetti sauce
2 oz. Dreamfield Spaghetti
4 oz. store-brand spaghetti
garlic salt
onion powder
parmesan cheese

On a foil-lined baking dish, I placed the fish fillets and sprinkled them with the garlic salt & onion powder. I then spooned approximately 1-2 Tbls. of pasta sauce over each fillet, put in a 400°F oven for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, I boiled the pans of pasta and cooked them (seperately, of course). On the Dreamfield's, I only about 1-2 tsp. of margerine and then served the fish with that, so my carb count for this was the 5carbs for the pasta, plus approximately 1 carb for the pasta sauce. I then finished it off with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and added a salad. My kids & hubby had the regular spaghetti w/sauce, and we all practically licked our plates! My son, who hates everything, LOVED it (and subsequently ate ALL the leftovers this weekend!).

This is a photo of his dish, but mine was prettier and my salad :)



1 comment:

Lisa M. said...

Hi,

Thank you for sharing this recipe I just made it. The only thing I did differently was put a little mozzarella/provolone cheese mix on top of the fish and sauce after it was done, and broiled that on high for 3 minutes to melt the cheese. Next time I may season the fish a little more. Great recipe!