We picked up this recipe card from a Walmart Supercenter and I was shocked to find out how good it was.
I serve this on top of a bed of spaghetti squash and a salad and it's very filling. And best of all, it's fast. Prep Time: 19 min. Cook time 11 min.
- 1 lb. ground beef chuck
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sm. onion, finely chopped
- 1 15oz. can diced tomatoes with basil and oregano
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup thin sliced fresh basil leaves
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until evenly browned, turning occasionally.
Add onion and remaining 2 cloves garlic; cook and stir 1 minutes. Increase temperature to medium-high heat. Stir in tomatoes, tomatoe paste, and salt. Reduce heat; cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked (internal temp of 160°f). Stir in strips of basil.
Per Serving: 187 cal, 13g fat, 49mg chol., 474 mg sodium, 3g carb, 16g protein, 1g fiber.